Giving Day Champion Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your fundraising page link in all of your posts.
- [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME] is participating in #GivingDayUMD, a 24-hour giving movement, on March 9! Join me in supporting [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME]. As a Giving Day champion for [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME], I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate during Giving Day: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Giving Day is in less than X days away! My goal is to raise $X for [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME], but I need YOUR help to get here. Make a long lasting contribution here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- TODAY IS THE DAY! I need your help in supporting [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME] so they can continue to [goals of program or initative]. I am fundraising for [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME] because [IMPACT ORGANIZATION HAS HAD ON YOU]. Please consider making a contribution here: [LINK TO FUNDRAISING PAGE]. Your gift will make a huge impact on [THOSE SERVED BY ORGANIZATION]!
- [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME] needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission to [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE purpose, briefly]!: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- I am fundraising for [PROGRAM OR INITIATIVE NAME] during #GivingDayUMD on March 9! Check out my page here [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] to donate and share!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% #GivingDayUMD: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #hashtags in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Champions
Check out the list of Hourly Challenges (link coming soon) for Giving Day - posts on social media with the #GivingDayUMD hashtag will be eligible to win additional funds during these competitions.
Make your own Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $10 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Make sure you use #GivingDayUMD as a hashtag in all of your posts - you can help expand your reach by inserting yourself into the Giving Day conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in Giving Day.
Don't forget to tag the social media handles of the program or initiative that you're supporting with your Champion page.
Utilize some of our social share images on the Giving Day website to make your Champion posts stand out on social media.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources like Canva. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your champion page, the program or initiative's name, and the #GivingDayUMD hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!